Friday, 10 February 2017

Leaving

So here we go.

Had you asked me this time last year, what I thought I would be doing in exactly one year, on February 6th 2017, the answer would probably have been something about sitting in my dorm studying for an exam, or maybe sitting in class. Well past self, you were so so wrong.

Here I am, sitting on my butt in a corner of the Vancouver Airport, four hours early for my first of 3 flights. Saying goodbye to my mom and dad was hard, because it felt wrong to feel sad, this is my big adventure, I should be excited to go, right? But still, I cried walking away from the car when mom dropped me off from our last Mcdonalds breakfast together, then again a couple hours later when I turned away from dad and walked into the security line.

I'm hoping this plane actually takes off, it's been dumping snow for a couple days now and I'm not sure if Vancouver knows how to handle that.

Anyways, I'm in need of a snack and a distraction for the terrifying leap into the unknown I've just embarked on. But mostly a snack.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment